I am switching Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems. The new system involves a number of changes:
- For patients who choose to get appointment reminders, the system will send reminders before every appointment, not just non-repeating appointments.
- Reminders can be sent by email (48 hours before the appointment), text message (24 hours beforehand), or both.
- I am now offering a secure on-line portal for billing, payments, and secure communication.
- Starting on July 1, monthly bills can be sent via the portal, email, or by US mail.
- I will not be charging a processing fee on credit card payments through the secure portal.
- It will be easier for me to collect co-pays at the time of your appointment.
- I am now able to send prescriptions for stimulant medications to pharmacies electronically.
If you have not done so already, please fill out this “Communication Consent” form and return it to me. (That link will take you to a PDF document which you can mail, hand-deliver, fax to 617-977-0243, or, if you are comfortable with the fact that email is not a 100% secure method of communication, emailed a scan or legible photo.)
If you choose to enroll in the portal, the system will send you an enrollment email after I receive your form. At your first login, the system will ask you to verify your demographic information and communication choices; please complete that one-time process.
If you have any questions or experience any problems with this change, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Nat Kuhn, MD