Withdrawal Agreement Moving to France

Since 1 January 2021, those who are not protected by the AO can only visit the France for a maximum period of 180 days as a tourist or on a business trip without the need for a visa. The France has signed visa-free travel agreements with many countries for tourism, and the UK is no exception to this general rule, as confirmed by the UK/EU ATT concluded before Christmas. The agreement provides, inter alia, for rights of residence based on conditions identical to those of the Directive on the free movement of persons in the EU (Directive 2004/38/EC). In accordance with the Withdrawal Agreement, the France has undertaken to maintain the rights of British nationals living or wishing to settle on its territory before the end of the transition period. Depending on their situation, these nationals can either obtain a permanent residence permit (if they settled in France before 31 December 2020 and can prove that they have resided legally on French territory for five years), or a permit of one to five years (if they settled in France before 31 December 2020, but have been on French territory for less than five years). European Union (EU) citizens living in the United Kingdom and British nationals living in one of the 27 EU Member States at the end of the transition period are protected by the Withdrawal Agreement signed by the EU and the United Kingdom. This withdrawal agreement provided for a transitional period until 31 September. December 2020, when European Union laws continued to apply and you could come to France without having to have a visa or residence permit. If you only have limited accommodation arrangements planned while you are on tour, you must submit your rental agreement or a copy of your vehicle logbook, a copy of your driver`s license and insurance policy as well as information about your proposed travel plans. The residence permits “Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union”, “Permanent residence – Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union” and the “Circulating document” “Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union – Non-residents” confer the right to exercise any professional activity.

After the 4th. In October 2021, people who are still entitled to the withdrawal agreement must contact the prefecture of their place of residence to submit their application. In due course, it is possible for the UK and France to conclude a bilateral agreement or there will be a new, more comprehensive agreement with the EU, but until such an agreement is concluded, those that arrive from 2021 will be those that already apply to other non-EU citizens. “If you spend between 3 and 6 months a year in France, you are not considered a resident of the France and cannot claim to be a residence card under the Withdrawal Agreement. You must apply for a long-term temporary visitor visa “VLS-T Visitor”. The family member (spouse, partner, children, dependent ascendants of British or third-country national) of a British national born before the age of 1 year. Arriving in France in January 2021, you can do the same in France after 1 January 2021 and benefit from the Withdrawal Agreement if it complies with one of the following situations: If you were in France before 1 January, in 2021, you may be able to apply for one of the residence permits or “movement documents” presented in the agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. British nationals who settled in France before 1 January 2021 are not covered by the Withdrawal Agreement unless they are members of a family whose links with a British national holding a residence permit were established before 1 January 2021, or the children of those nationals born after 31 December 2020.

The political declaration between the UK and the EU, signed jointly with the Withdrawal Agreement, also states: “In accordance with their applicable laws, the Parties will explore the possibility of facilitating the crossing of their respective borders for legal travel.” However, until a new, more comprehensive agreement is concluded, British nationals will be subject to border controls in the Schengen area. You do not need a long-stay visa to apply for the residence permits or “movement documents” provided for in the Withdrawal Agreement. You are also not required to present a medical certificate. Following the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union on 31 January 2020, a withdrawal agreement containing specific provisions for the right of residence of British citizens was adopted. Residence permits and “transport documents” issued in France under the Withdrawal Agreement allow their holders to travel to other countries that are part of the Schengen area for periods not exceeding three months per semester. The list of documents to be submitted in support of an application for a residence permit or “movement document” under the Withdrawal Agreement is available on the dedicated platform (Regulation of 20 November 2020 with the list of documents to be submitted by British nationals for the issue of residence permits marked “Withdrawal Agreement of the United Kingdom from the EU”) and varies according to your Situation. British nationals who carry out an economic activity in France before 1 January 2021 can apply for a “Movement Document” valid for 5 years. It will be endorsed by “Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union – Non-residents”.

Residence permit marked “Permanent residence – Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union” At least two months before the expiry of your long-term visa, you can either apply for the extension of the Residence Card or apply for another type of visa. To apply for a family allowance, a family income allowance, a single parent allowance or a housing allowance, contact the CAF (Caisse d`Allocations Familiales) (in French) If you need help with the application, ask for an appointment with the social worker of your town hall. Under the Withdrawal Agreement, the rights of expatriates living in France end of 2020 are permanently protected and grant them the right to live and work in France under the same conditions that existed before the UK left the EU. ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorization System) OFII (French Office Français de l`Immigration et de l`Intégration) Family members who join a British citizen who arrived in France before 1 January 2021 and who do not have British nationality or benefit from an exemption must apply for a short-stay visa to enter France after 1 January. 2021. The application can be made online under Brexit Residence Permit. In addition, you must apply for the new residency status under the Withdrawal Agreement. Check with the French national authorities if you can apply directly for this new resident status. Check with your scholarship provider for continued eligibility to support students (in English) and read Campus France`s guidelines on tuition reform. (in English) Those who apply for a visitor visa extension do not have to participate in this integration process, but must do so later if they subsequently seek to settle permanently in France.

Customs officers in France state: “Customs formalities must be completed at the point of dispatch upon entry into the European Union.” Family members of British nationals who arrived after 31 December 2020 must apply within 3 months of their arrival in France. .